Merging Ministry and the Business of Music
Life Without Black People.
A very humorous and revealing story is told about a group of white people who were fed up with African Americans, so they joined together and wished themselves away.
They passed through a deep dark tunnel and emerged in sort of a twilight zone where there is an America without black people. At first there white people breathed a sigh of relief. At last , they said, No more crime, drugs, viloence and welfare. All of the blacks have gone! Thin suddenly, reality set in. This New America was not America at all---only a barren land.
1.There are very few crops that have flourished because the nation was built on a slave-supported system.
2.There are no cities with tall skyscrapers because Alexander Mils, a black man, invented the elevator, and without it, one finds great difficulty reaching higher floors.
3.There are few if any cars because Richard Spikes, a black man, invented the automatic gearshift, Joseph Gambol, also black, invented the Super Charge System for Internal Combustion Engines, and Garrett A. Morgan, a black man, invented the traffic signals.
4. Furthermore, one could not use the rapid transit system because its procurer was the electric trolley, which was invented by another black man, Albert R Robinson.
5.Even if there were streets on which cars and a rapid transit system could operate, they were cluttered with paper because an African American, Charles Brooks, invented the street sweeper.
6. There were few if any newspapers, magazines and books becausse John Love invented the pencil sharpener, William Purveys invented the fountain pen, and Lee Barrage invented the Type Writing Machine and W.A. Love invented the Advanced Printing Press. They were all, You guessed it, Black.
7. Even if Americans could write their letters, articles and books, they would not have been transported by mail because William Barry invented the Postmarking and Cancelilng Machine, William Purveys invented the Hand Stamp and Philip Downing invented the Letter Drop.
8. The lawns were brown and wilted because Joseph Smith invented the Lawn Sprinkler and John Burr the Lawn Mower.
9. When ther entered their homes, they found them to be poorly vetilated and poorly heated. You see, Frederick Jones invented the Air Conditioner and Alice Parker the Heating Furnace. Their homes were also dim. but of course, Lewis Lattimer later invented the Electric Lamp, Michael Hrvey invented the lantern and GranvilleT. Woods invented the Automatic Cut off Switch.
Their homes were also filthy because Thomas W. Steward invented the Mop & Lloyd P. Ray the Dust Pan.
10. Their children met them at the door-barefooted, shabby, motley and unkempt. But what could one expect? Jan E Matzelinger invented the Shoe lasting Machine, Walter Sammons invented the Comb, Sarah Boone invented the Ironing Board and George T Samon invented the Clothes Dryer.
11. Finally, they were resigned to at least have dinner amidst all of this turmoil. But again, the food had spoiled because another Black Man, John Standard invented the refrigerator.
Now, isn't that something? What would this country be like without the contributions of Blacks, as African-Americans?
Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "By the time we leave for work, Americans have depended on the inventions from the minds of Blacks."
Black history includes more than just slavery, Frederick Douglass, Martin Luther King, Jr. , Malcolm X , and Marcus Garvey & W.E.B. Dubois.